Enjoy the beautiful wine region of Eger with its classy wines and beautiful landscape. You will visit the Basilica and a 16th-century castle which is visible from almost everywhere in the beutiful town of Eger. The heart is the view of traditional wine cellars in Eger including a three-course restaurant lunch before tasting five wonderful wines from the region Eger in a local and private wine cellar. Eger is a wine region that is underestimated and not well known due to the famous Tokaj wine region which is not far away but the wines are very good and tasty so this tour will give you an insight and of course you will have the chance to boy some wines for home.
Included in the Tour :
- Guided excursion to the wine region of Eger
- Admission to the Basilica and castle
- Three-course lunch with wine
- Tasting of five local wines
- Commentary from your guide in English and German
- Roundtrip transportation via coach
- Hotel pick-up in Budapest
Start: 9 a.m. every Tuesday and Thursday
Duration: 9 hours
Location: Budapest, Eger
Languages: English, German
Meeting Point: Program Centrum Office, next to the Hotel Le Meridien, Erzsébet Square
Meeting Point: 8:30 a.m.